Here we go.

25 February 2009

Yes, Matt Damon.

Friday night, ATM will be DJing @ Cool Shoes. On Saturday, Eclipse Glasses will be playing @ the Smoke & Barrel Tavern in Fayetteville. Aside from the show, I am really looking forward to visiting with NWA pals and eating.

We'll be lodging with Alannah, which is awesome because then I can meet this "Chicklet" and this "Lucy" I've heard about. And, obviously, it will be fun to hang out with Alannah. We've joked about having an Arkansas Blogging Convention while I am up there. Official members thus far? Two. Well, three, if you count ATM. Ha ha. Alannah even conceptualized a logo. Yes, it's a computer screen shaped like Arkansas w/ a typing keyboard. I'd wear it. We should totally do this sometime! Maybe we can go camping and play "trust" games and have speakers. And don't forget the schwag!

So, last night, after hearing Obama's non-State of the Union, I felt better about things. I kept asking ATM if he was really our President, if this was for real. Pinch pinch, right? Despite our mounting economic concerns, I feel better anyway. Why? Because Barack has ideas & plans. That's way better than hand wringing & worrying. Barack & his team will come up with policy which is more than his opponents have done. His opponents are nothing but jerky nay-sayers. They'll say "no no no!", but have no plan or alternative of their own. I'll agree to disagree, but if you have nothing to bring to the table, then...why are you here? I appreciate Barack's call to service. It's like he's Janet Jackson & he's asking, "What have you done for me (your government/your people) lately?" I'm not religious, but I do hear a calling. An aside: Barack's high regard towards his wife always makes me tear up a bit w/ the lip quivering. She is awesome.
So, then there's this Bobby Jindal. Where should I begin with this fella? I've heard him speak before, he usually doesn't talk the way he did last night. He is hyper-smart even if I believe there is something fundamentally wrong with him. His attempt at being folksy was downright obnoxious & condescending. He spoke as if we were children, as if we couldn't possibly understand the happenings in Washington, D.C. Please, don't do that! Also, his message that government is a failure and is bad is, well, BAD. Anway, he should've worn Mardi Gras bead necklaces. Is he not the governor of Louisiana? Hello! Fat Tuesday. Pish. Lost opportunity, man. Keep an eye on this one.

I'm finally caught up on this season's LOST. No pun here, but we're back in real time & will have to wait every Wednesday for new eps. I must say, having watched the latest episode, this show is starting to piss me off. I actually said aloud, "This is so stupid!" Then, I silently cursed myself for investing so much time into it. I guess all I can hope is that the pay off will be grand because there's no stopping now.

Camping season is right around the corner! We have new gear that we received over the holidays that I can't wait to try out. And then there's just the being outside. Cooking outside. Eating outside. Reading outside. Playing outside. Sleeping outside. Being with loved ones. Outside.

Here are photos of a party in Glasgow. I actually know one of the people, but that's not what's important. What is important is the artwork that is hanging in Glasgow.



Yes, Matt Damon.

3 comments:

ATM said...

the bourne travesty

nicole said...

I didn't eat any king cake this year. :( But I did make some "Bentham Brownies," in honor, of our dear pal John Locke. Hey, last night's ep was better than last week's. Last week's low point: Jack-to-Eloise, "This is ridiculous!," which was indeed ridiculous. Laughable. Inexcusable. C'mon, "Lost" writers. Get it together or you're gonna become the "Heroes" of ABC.

AMD & KMHD said...

I've never had good king cake! My co-worker says it's because I've never had king cake from LA. The few times I've "done" king cake, I always got the baby.

So, LOST. Yeah. Hmmmm. I guess we needed to know what happened to John Locke Jeremy Bentham. I was a bit bummed to see Abaddon go. Interesting fellow. I know this fellow Grady who lives in Hawaii. He sees LOST cast members all of the time. He got to meet "Ben". He posed for a photo with him and told him that "You will learn things about Ben this season that will make your hair stand on end." Which is hilarious that he speaks like that. My deal is why more new characters?

Blog Archive